From Honda Wiki
|Auto racing||Formula One|
|Constructor||Honda Racing F1|
|Automotive design|| Shuhei Nakamoto|
(Deputy MD [Technical])
(Deputy Technical Director)
(Head of Aerodynamics)
|Chassis||Moulded Carbon fibre and honeycomb Composite materials Monocoque|
|Suspension (front)||Double wishbone suspension with pushrod-activated torsion springs and rockers, Showa Corporation Shock absorber|
|Suspension (rear)||Double wishbone suspension with pushrod-activated torsion springs and rockers, Showa Corporation Shock absorber|
|Internal combustion engine||Honda RA808E 2.4L 90° V8, 19,000 RPM rev limited Naturally aspirated, Mid engine|
|Transmission (mechanics)||Honda Carbon composite maincase, 7-speed, Honda internals Sequential gearbox Semi-automatic transmission hydraulic activation|
|Fuel||Elf Aquitaine (5.75% bio fuel)|
|Tire|| Bridgestone Potenza|
BBS Forged Magnesium Wheels
|Notable entrants||Honda Racing F1 Team|
|Notable drivers|| 16. Jenson Button|
17. Rubens Barrichello
|Debut||2008 Australian Grand Prix|
The Honda RA108 was the Formula One racing car with which Honda Racing F1 contested the 2008 Formula One season.
The car was unveiled at a test in Valencia, Spain on 23 January 2008, a week before the car's official launch, driven by Rubens Barrichello. The car was officially unveiled at the team's operational headquarters in Brackley, England.
For the 2008 season, the Honda F1 team has named Ross Brawn as Team Principal and have a new Deputy Technical Director in the form of former BMW Sauber Chief Designer Jörg Zander.
For the 2008 season, the team has retained their drivers for the previous two seasons, Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello. Honda have also announced that Alexander Wurz has joined the team from WilliamsF1, although Wurz announced his retirement from competition in 2007, Wurz could not turn down the prospect of working alongside Ross Brawn. Honda also confirmed that their young driver line up will include 2006 British Formula 3 Champion Mike Conway and Italian Luca Filippi.
The RA108 has been a constant mid to rear end car in 2008 testing with Jenson Button saying the car lacks "driveability" as the drivers and team adapt the RA108 to new rules. For the 2008 season, the FIA has implemented rules that require all teams to use one gearbox for four races and a standard McLaren Electronic Systems ECU that prevents the use of driving aids such as Traction control and Engine braking. Ross Brawn has already said the team has a better chance for the 2009 Formula One season as the regulations for 2009 will be totally new.
Button has commented on how positively the team has developed the RA108. At their final week of testing at the Circuito Permanente de Jerez in Spain, the team added new aerodynamics, with most of the wings being revised. Head of Race and Test Engineering, Steve Clark, believes the car is a clear step forward.
In the testing in Paul Ricard before the 2008 Monaco Grand Prix, a second revision of the "dumbo" wings on the nose, first introduced in the 2008 Spanish Grand Prix, was introduced.
Complete Formula One results
|2008 Formula One season||Honda Racing F1||Honda V8 engine||Bridgestone||2008 Australian Grand Prix||2008 Malaysian Grand Prix||2008 Bahrain Grand Prix||2008 Spanish Grand Prix||2008 Turkish Grand Prix||2008 Monaco Grand Prix||2008 Canadian Grand Prix||2008 French Grand Prix||2008 British Grand Prix||2008 German Grand Prix||2008 Hungarian Grand Prix||2008 European Grand Prix||2008 Belgian Grand Prix||2008 Italian Grand Prix||2008 Singapore Grand Prix||2008 Japanese Grand Prix||2008 Chinese Grand Prix||2008 Brazilian Grand Prix||14||9th|
- ↑ "Barrichello debuts new Honda RA108". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/01/23/barrichello-debuts-new-honda-ra108/.
- ↑ "Honda presents RA108". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/01/29/honda-presents-ra108/.
- ↑ "Wurz: Brawn made Honda proposal interesting". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/01/31/wurz-brawn-made-honda-proposal-interesting/.
- ↑ "New Honda lacks driveability - Button". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/02/04/new-honda-lacks-driveability-button/.
- ↑ "Brawn turns attention to 2009". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/02/22/brawn-turns-attention-to-2009/.
- ↑ "Button positive after final week of testing". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/03/07/button-positive-after-final-week-of-testing/.
- ↑ "Last gasp progress for Honda". f1.gpupdate.net. http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/03/07/last-gasp-progress-for-honda/.
- http://www.hondaracingf1.com/loband/car_overview.php - Honda RA108 Overview
- http://www.f1technical.net/news/8129 - RA108 technical specifications
- http://www.racecar-engineering.com/news/cars/176483/honda-ra108.html Launch story