The Honda CBR125R is an entry level sports/learner legal, 124.7 cc, 4 stroke motorbike.
The CBR125R first appeared on the market in 2004 and has remained unchanged since until 2007. It is manufactured in Thailand alongside the CBR150R, the latter for the Far East market.
The CBR125 was introduced in 2004 by Honda to fill in a gap in the 125 cc market left by the discontinued NSR125. It is powered by a liquid-cooled 4 stroke, 2 valve SOHC, single cylinder 124.7 cc engine with a power rating of 10 kW.
Since its introduction, the CBR125 has been extremely popular and in 2005, it was the UKs best selling motorcycle, overtaking another Honda machine, the Honda SCV100.
2004 to 2006
The models produced during these years resemble the CBR600F and use a carburettor in the fuel system.
The Repsol colour scheme was introduced in 2005 and remained for the following year only as the CBR125RS5/6.
2004 - CBR125R4: Blue/Silver; Black/Silver; Red/Black.
2005 - CBR125R5; CBR125RW5: Black/Silver; Red/Black; Blue. CBR125RS5: Repsol.
2006 - CBR125R6; CBR125RW6: Black/Silver; Red/Black; Orange. CBR125RS6: Repsol.
In 2007, the CBR125R received some major changes and Honda extended the availability to Australia and Canada.
The 2007 model received radical changes to the front fairings to resemble the look of the CBR1000RR Fireblade as well as colour changes to the swing arm and front forks which are now black.
2007 - CBR125R5; Tahitian Blue; Millennium Red; Ross White; Graphite Black.
PGM-FI: electronic fuel injection.
IACV: Idle Air Control Valve - operates with the FI system.
HECS3: oxygen sensor to comply with EURO-3 regulations.
- "Hunts Motorcycles, Manchester : Honda CBR125 is top seller for 2005:" (in English). http://www.huntsmotorcycles.co.uk/NewsItems/NewsCBR125.htm.
- Honda Sonic - A similar motorcycle made for the South East Asian market
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Honda CBR125R|
-  official Honda Australia page for the 2007 model
- 2007 Honda CBR125R official Honda Canada page for the 2007 model
- 2006 Honda CBR125R official Honda UK page for the 2006 model
- Upgrade a CBR-125R to a CBR-150R
- 2008 CBR125R road tests Canadian review of the 2008 Honda CBR125R
- Honda CBR125R review Road test of the Honda CBR125R
Honda motorcycle timeline, 1990s–present
|CBR1000F||CBR1100XX (North American sales ended 2003)|
de:Honda CBR 125 R es:Honda CBR125R fr:Honda CBR it:Honda CBR 125R fi:Honda CBR 125R sv:Honda CBR125R