Honda FCX Clarity
|Also called||Honda FCX|
|Body style(s)||4-door sedan|
|Wheelbase||110.2 in (2799 mm)|
|Length||190.3 in (4834 mm)|
|Width||72.7 in (1847 mm)|
|Height||57.8 in (1468 mm)|
|Curb weight||3,528 lb (1,600 kg)|
|Electric range||280 miles (450 km)|
Limited marketing of a fuel cell vehicle based on the concept model began in 19 June, 2008 in United States and it was introduced in Japan in November 2008. Honda believes it could start mass producing vehicles based on the FCX concept by the year 2018.
The vehicle is powered by a 57-litre, 100kW Honda Vertical Flow (V Flow) hydrogen fuel cell stack. Electricity is stored in a 288V lithium ion battery.
The electric motor is based on the motor in the EV Plus, rated at Template:Convert/hp and 189 lb·ft (256 N·m) torque @0-3056 rpm. The range on a full hydrogen tank (4.1 kg @ 5000psi) is 280 miles (~450 km), with fuel efficiency of 77/67/72 miles per kilogram of hydrogen in city/highway/combined driving.
The FCX Clarity is currently produced in Japan, at the Honda Automobile New Model Center (Takanezawa-machi, Shioya-gun, Tochigi Prefecture). The fuel cell stack itself is produced at Honda Engineering Co., Ltd. (Haga-machi, Haga-gun, Tochigi Prefecture). Honda planned to produce 200 vehicles within 3 years.
On 25 July, 2007 the United States Internal Revenue Service announced that the Honda’s FCX had met the requirements of the Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit as a qualified fuel cell motor vehicle. Purchasers of the 2005 and 2006 Honda FCX are eligible for a $12,000 Section 30B(b) credit, but consumers are not currently allowed to purchase the vehicle, as it is still available only for leasing, however only in Southern California.
The leasing program began in July 2007 at a price of $600.00 USD per month for 3 years.  Honda announced Power Honda Costa Mesa, Honda of Santa Monica and Scott Robinson Honda as the initial dealers, which were chosen for their close proximity to hydrogen refueling stations.
- Honda FCX Technology FCX homepage (Japanese).
- Honda Fuel Cell page contains specifications of FCX, FCX Concept, Home Energy Station.
- Official FCX Clarity Site (USA)
- FCX Concept Test Drive Video
- 2006 Honda FCX specifications
- Honda Introduces City of Las Vegas as Next Fuel Cell Customer - Honda Fuel Cell Technology Milestones
- New Honda FCX Concept Driving Experience
- Production Begins for the New FCX Clarity Fuel Cell Vehicle: -- A number of the new production processes showcased for the first time --
- Honda Announces First FCX Clarity Customers and World’s First Fuel Cell Vehicle Dealership Network as Clarity Production Begins in Japan: Breakthrough zero emissions vehicle to be delivered in July
- Daily Telegraph article 'FCX: Car of the century?'
- Three New Hybrids To Join Honda Fleet
- Top Gear (current format)|Top Gear on the Honda Clarity